Fun facts friday!
Shout out to my homegirl Steph at I Train therefore I eat for a “One lovely blog award”! 🙂
And to acknowledge her nomination, here are the rules:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you
2. Paste the award image anywhere on your blog
3. Share seven facts about yourself
4. Nominate other blogs you enjoy for this award
5. Post a comment on your nominees’ blogs to let them know of their nomination
2. I was born in Jensen Beach, FL – so I am a true Floridian! We moved up North when I was 5, but I visited family down here a lot and somehow wound up back in Florida for college. I want to stay for as long as possible because sunshine, beaches and palm trees are my jam.
3. I am awkwardly ambidextrous. I write with my right hand, but throw & do pretty much everything else with my left. My strong hand in lacrosse is my left, and I was a very left footed soccer player.
4. I will always believe that the 1999 women’s world cup team – Mia hamm, kristine lilly, julie, brandi, michelle…did something that will never, ever be duplicated. They were my heroes as a kid and gave me the confidence and mindset to pursue athletics, coaching and sports performance.
5. I tore my ACL – not once, but twice, in college – and even though it was one of the hardest things ever, I am glad I went through it. The mental toughness and the determination to rehab and come back stronger taught me a lot of things about myself. It is also proof that if you work hard enough, you can achieve whatever you want, no matter what anyone says. People are always shocked to find out how much I can lift and sprint despite the surgeries and bad ass scars.
6. I won two goldfish at a fair in 4th grade [Lucy and Ethel] & they lived to be 13 years old. I think that is some kind of unofficial record. It was a lowkey tragedy when they died.
7. One day, I will be going to the Olympics affiliated with SOME team – so look for me. 😉